How would you describe the ministry style of Christian Center?
The first thing you will notice, friendly people and informal style. We are an inclusive and diverse family and our services reflect that as well. We have contemporary worship to thoughtfully express our gratitude to God, and relevant topics with the emphasis on helping you become an always growing, follower of Jesus.
What does Christian Center focus on?
- Experiencing God’s presence in worship is important to us.
- Your Christian/spiritual growth is important. Our goal is to help you grow and become what God wants you to be.
- Teens and children are important. Both areas are our renewed emphasis this year. Our goal is to have an epic time for teens and kids.
- Fellowship is important to us. We believe in having fun. We go places together, play sports, hike, take in a baseball game and have many casual meetings at Starbucks. Somehow, we always seem to have great food whenever we meet.
- Outreach is important to us. God loves people and so do we. We’re discovering many needs in our community and are finding ways to love our community. We have a heart to see people be healed from hurts, habits and hang-ups.
- Prayer is important to us. We bathe everything we do and hope to do in prayer. “Prayer succeeds when all else fails.” - E.M. Bounds
How often do you serve communion?
We typically serve communion on the first Sunday morning of each month. All followers of Jesus are welcome to partake with us.
Do you practice baptism?
Yes! When someone receives Jesus, we encourage them to be baptized right away. We believe it is an act of obedience to Jesus command and a public proclamation of one’s choice to live for God.
How large is the congregation?
About 180 people call this their church home. On any given Sunday we have 90-110 people attend regularly.
What should I wear to church?
We are by no means a formal church and it's hot here. Thank God for great air conditioning! On Sundays you can be comfortable wearing something casual, but if you feel that dressing up on Sundays is important, go right ahead.
Where do I park/enter?
We have parking spaces for newcomers along 8th street as well as designated spaces in our parking lot to the east. Look for the Parking banner. From there you can also access the overflow parking in the hotel lot. You may also choose to park across the street. Our entry is through the front double glass doors. We have friendly greeters who will welcome you and answer any questions you have.
Where are the children's ministries located?
On Sundays (10:30am) the children meet for Kid’s Church in our Fellowship Hall just a few steps from where the main service meets. Grades 1-6. We have a nursery for mom’s and infants if needed and clean and safe childcare for toddlers through 4 years of age.
How can I donate to the church?
We have giving envelopes available in the seat backs for cash or checks, then just put the envelope into the offering basket when it's passed during service. You can also give directly through Square Cash at. http://bit.ly/ccdhs_giving